Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Latest


             After Mom and Neil left, it was quite quiet around here.  I moved out of my apartment and into the student dorms at the university where I take Chinese class. I now live on the 9th floor with a lovely Russian room mate and am surrounded by other foreign students my age. I really enjoy it. My Chinese classes are on the floor just below my room and the neighborhood is quite, and convenient for just about everything.
 Also last week I took a small trip to Shanghai to visit my friend Margret for a few days.  Some of you may remember her from my first blog in China. We trained together, and when I left for Tianjin, she stayed in Shanghai.  She lives in a nice flat with a wonderful Chinese girl named Tansy (who hung out with me while Margret was at work) and a nice Belgium guy named Ludo. During my visit us girls got massages, maincures, pedicures, and even did a bit of shopping! It was quite a girly vacation I must admit, but more than anything I enjoyed catching up with her after so much time apart. I love you very dearly Mags!!! Hang in there girl!!
Also something very important has come up here. I have decided to leave China. It has taken me quite awhile, but I am now 100% positive this is not, and will never be the place for me. In order to avoid seeming bitter and racist, I will only say China deserves its share of praise for its innovation and uniqueness, but it will not be given by me, at least not at this time. I will be returning to the USA the second week of January to be with my Charlie Brown and decide what life holds for me next . Thanks for your support.
I wanted include some newer photos of my school and my kids and such, so here they are. This was their first time writing their ABC's. Hope everyone is doing well. xoxo



1 comment:

  1. Great read as always, Maddie.
    I'm a bit sad to hear that you'll be leaving, but I understand. You had a great Chinese adventure and made some lovely memories.
    :)

    ReplyDelete